From: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
nick.nguyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 4:10 AM
To: aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-dev] passing local state between join points?

Hello,

I've seen examples that achive this by storing partial state of the stack
frame in member fields... but this seems like overkill when all I want to
do is keep values on the stack frame within a single method call.

Moreover, when multiple threads invoke an object it seems that i need to
use synchronization because I don't create the threads; Tomcat creates
them.

For example I have many methods of the form:

public void g()  {

jp1:  Long t1 = System.getCurrentTime();

jp2:  Long t2 = System.getCurrentTime() - t1;
}

I want t1 available at join point 2 without storing t1 into a member field.

Does AspectJ provide a mechanism for this?

Thanks in advance,
Nic.

******************

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority