From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lawrence Lee
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:33 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [aspectj-users] Class file too big after aspect weaving

Ron,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to confirm if I understood what you said

correctly.
>>If you trace executions within your codebase you can typically get calling

>>object info indirectly

First I thought you were talking about thisEnclosingJoinPointStaticPart
variable. It gives the same info as thisJoinPointStaticPart for execution
join point; it does not give the caller's information.

If a call sequence is, A.a()--->B.b() --->C.c() , if I capture all execution

join points, the execution of A.a(), B.b() and C.c() will be captured in
that sequence. By looking at the sequence of captured joinpoints I can
deduce the caller's and callee's information.  Is this what you were saying?

Thanks again,
Larry.