From: "Ron Bodkin" <rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [aspectj-users] Class file too big after aspect weaving
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 23:10:45 -0800

Lots of people have used AspectJ for tracing. If you trace executions within
your codebase you can typically get calling object info indirectly: look at
the containing execution join point to see who made the call. This can work
with tracing calls out to external code too. But if you only want a
development aspect, I wouldn't be too concerned. Measure actual memory use
when loaded in a VM to see the overhead. I believe a lot of the class file
size overhead won't translate into memory overhead at runtime.