Re: [aspectj-users] MethodDeclarationLineNumber everywhere

This attribute is extra debug information that AspectJ puts into .class files during compilation. It tells us the line number of the method declaration (as opposed to the line number of the first line of code in the method, which is all that is normally available). This enables us to shows advises/advised-by markers in the right place, and to give accurate line number information in messages etc..

Currently we always include this attribute, but I would accept an enhancement request on bugzilla to not do so when the -g:none flag is passed....

Regards, Adrian.