Re: [aspectj-users] Weaving standard libraries

Hi Wes,

I haven't tried weaving rt.jar; are you having a problem with it?

Not at all! I'm actually interested in weaving into things like e.g. java.lang.String or java.lang.Thread and believe that there are certain limitations on what can be done here. What i'm looking for is something telling me exactly what those limitations are.

though we recommend against violating any license.

This suggests to me that weaving code into the standard libraries would
be violating someone's license ?

Cheers,

Dave

The options for ajc, the combined compiler/weaver, are documented in the
AspectJ development guide.  The load-time weaver is just an adapter to the
weaver used by ajc, and to use it you have to specify the aspectpath.

More generally, if there's anything you need to know about using AspectJ that's not in documentation for AspectJ, please point it out as a doc bug!

Thanks-
Wes