Re: [aspectj-users] Re: no match for this type name...

Michael,

No problem. I am glad that you could get the example
to work.

Once you get over the initial bump in using AspectJ,
I assure you that you will have a smooth ride ahead.
In the end, time saved by using AspectJ will compensate
for time spent in learning it and then some!

For the error message, how about something like:
"Unknown type MessageCommunicator. Please ensure correct
 spelling and/or the type is visible to the source file
 (check your import statements or use the fully-qualified
  type name)".

The downside I see is sheer verbosity of the message.
Perhaps a better alternative is to point to document
that elaborates on "Xlint:invalidAbsoluteTypeName".

Thanks for your positive comments on my book.

-Ramnivas