Re: [aspectj-users] List of main users

My company (VMS) is a medium sized media-monitoring concern. We're using AspectJ on our Adbase project, which is (currently) a one stop shop for internal users to search for content across all of our monitored media. We're using AspectJ to do:

* policy enforcement of several types
* limited mocking for unit tests
* implementing crosscutting business concerns (e.g. suspending automated searches on content until content has been approved by a moderator)
* crosscutting UI concerns (search term hilighting)
* design pattern implementations
* "declarative" transactions

Most recently, we've been researching Hibernate, and AspectJ has proved a huge help in our pilot migration. Just today I was working on automating bidirectional relationships using AspectJ. e.g.:

Company c = new Company();
Division d = new Division();
d.setCompany(c);
//c.addDivision(d);--not necessary anymore

So far so good. If it's a huge success, I might post the code somewhere.

I've been using AspectJ since just after the release of 1.0-- so I'm very familiar with it. But I've been pleasantly surprised at how quickly the team here is taking to the concepts.

Cheers,
Nick

--

Nicholas Lesiecki
Software Craftsman, specializing in J2EE,

Books:
* Mastering AspectJ: http://tinyurl.com/66vf
* Java Tools for Extreme Programming: http://tinyurl.com/66vt

Articles on AspectJ: