Re: [aspectj-users] List of main users

Adrian Colyer wrote:

WebLogic, WebSphere, Hibernate, ...) - so if you've got AspectJ working in combination with another tool, server etc.. it would be great if you could post about that too.

I have been playing with Aspects for a number of months after witnessing a great AOP session delivered by Ron Bodkin at a NoFluffJustStuff seminar.

I am the core developer behind BlueDragon, a J2EE CFML engine. One of the things we have been wanting to do for a long time is to offer CFML developers a fully featured debugger including the ability to step through tags, inspect variables, and profile their pages. Such a tool does not exist in the CFML world.

I am proud to report that using AOP the whole process was a joy. I didn't need to mess around with lots of 'if' statements inside the main core engine of BlueDragon. We haven't released this software yet, but it will be available very soon. But Aspects has been a great technology and its wonderful to be able to weave in logic without effecting the main flow of the application. I have managed to even impress some of the doubters in my team that had written off AOP as just another fad!

;)

Back to the top