Re: [aspectj-users] List of main users

I have been using AspectJ for a long time.

Initially, before the 1.0 version, I used AspectJ
for rapid prototyping features involving crosscutting
concerns and then implement the same concerns
conventionally in production. One of the interesting
example I tried AspectJ this way was to implement
thread-safety for a Swing-based application.

Since the 1.0 release (and more so since the 1.1
release), I am putting aspects into production code
in projects ranging from simple command-line tools
to web-based projects.

One of the interesting way I used AspectJ involved
crosscutting code generated by ANTLR. The parsing
code generated by ANTLR was advised to fire SAX
XML events. This SAX stream was eventually connected
to an XSLT processor to produce (non Java) sources.
My team mates were thorouughly impressed with the
consistency offered by aspect-based implementation.
Of course, the code saved was substantial, too.
And maintenance effort was very low; the aspects
part of the project proved to be the most stable part.

Besides all these, I use tracing, profiling, and
policy enforcement aspects on virtually every
project I work on.

-Ramnivas

===
Ramnivas Laddad,
Author, AspectJ in Action
http://www.manning.com/laddad

Check out my aspect-oriented refactoring articles:
http://tinyurl.com/yqm96
http://tinyurl.com/288nn