RE: [aspectj-dev] how hard it is to introduce a new kind of pointcut inaspectj?

Hi,

Thank you for all the replies. The walk through in the
document is a little bit out-of-date. But it was a big
help for the beginners like me. With several changes
to the steps, I was able to add the "throw" pointcut!
:)

About the LoopAJ, I did know about this project.
However, we want better IDE support like Eclipse with
more source location information and UI features.
That's why we choose aspjectj instead of abc although
I know abc is much more extensible than aspectj.

My next quesion is it is possible to express and
implement some pointcuts to match a code line like:

if (DEBUG == true) {
}

It seems no direct bytecode matching for this kind of
statement. Do you think it's feasible by extending
aspectj somehow? Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!
Lingli

http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/cnc/projects/loopsaj/.