RE: [aspectj-dev] how hard it is to introduce a new kind of pointcut inaspectj?

Hi -

We're aware the docs are out of date.  Would you publish the
changes to the steps?  We'd much appreciate it.

wrt making a join point out of bytecode, that's a harder
topic.  Our concern is typically whether the programmer
would recognize whether the language feature is a relatively
stable and identifiable thing in the program.  "throws" is
not bad in that respect, but an "if" clause, particularly one
with a constant that could be optimized away, is not good.
We've not addressed the engineering difficulties where
there's no good language reason to do so.

Thanks!
Wes