[aspectj-dev] Extending test harness to include "fork" for run command

There are a couple of new situations where there is a need to run a test in
a new JVM. To fully test load-time weaving we need to use
"-Djava.system.class.loader" and to test AspectJ in a SecurityManager
environment we need "-Djava.security.manager" (Bug 74238). I propose to
extend the harness to support Ant-like "fork" and "jvmargs" attributes for
the "run" command to allow tests to be run in a separate JVM.

What do people think?

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Back to the top