Re: [aspectj-dev] a java method containing labels

Kevin,

The usual approach to handling situations like this is to refactor the in-line code into smaller methods, and to use method calls or executions for your pointcuts. Are you reluctant to do this for performance reasons? If you make the method calls private or final, I'd be interested to see what kind of performance impact they have after a modern JVM has compiled (and optimized) the bytecode.

Ron Bodkin
Chief Technology Officer
New Aspects of Software
o: (415) 824-4690