[aperi-dev] help needed for the fresher to storage domain

Hi Suman,
Welcome to the Aperi project.  There is a wealth of information on the
Aperi web site and wiki -> http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/  and
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi_Storage_Management_Project .

The first place to start to learn about Storage Management is the
architecture and design documentation located here ->
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Aperi/architecture.  Also, the snia site is a good
source for the SMIS standards info ->
http://www.snia.org/tech_activities/standards/curr_standards/smi.

To get started with the Aperi project, you can find the development
environment setup instructions here ->
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Aperi/build/dev-env.

If you have specific questions, post them to the Aperi-dev and someone from
the development community should be able to help you.

Welcome again!
--Al

Allen R. Heitman
Aperi Project Lead
IBM Corporation
3605 Hwy 52 North
Rochester, Minnesota 55901

Office Phone: 507-253-2405
Tie Line: 553-2405
Home Office: 507-367-4351
Mobile Phone: 507-269-0455
e-mail: aheitman@xxxxxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Allen Heitman/Rochester/IBM on 06/06/2008 12:16 PM -----

             "Suman.P.S"
             <suman_bgl@yahoo.
             Sent by:                  aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             aperi-dev-bounces                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [aperi-dev] help needed for the
             06/06/2008 11:27          fresher to storage domain
             AM

             Please respond to
             suman_bgl@yahoo.c
                om; Please
                respond to
             Aperi Development
             <aperi-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

 Hello,

         Let me introduce myself first. I am Suman. I have expertise in
 Java and XML technologies.

         I came across the Aperi project. I read the project road map and I
 developed interest to contribute to the Aperi Project. But, I have no
 knowledge of Storage domain.

         Can any one help me in providing the materials on Storage
 Fundamentals, to get started with the project. Also, can some one provide
 the guide on how to get started in the project?

 Thanks