Re: [aperi-dev] Open Aperi Defects as of 9/26 for Tech Talk Meeting

We managed to get through the whole defect list today.
What we decided was that there two categories of bugzilla: defect and enhancement.
Enhancements are dealt with as part of the planning process while defects are part of the usual development process.
We will assign priorities to both classed of bugzilla in the range 1-4 with the following interpretations:
Defect Priority 4: not being considered for any particular release, if someone wants get familiar with the code and development environment they could fix one of these for practice. Not documented in release notes.
Defect Priority 3: in consideration for the 'current' release. May or may not actually get fixed, but it will get tracked and fixed if possible, and if not excuses will have to be made, doc added to the release notes, and it will be deferred to the next release.
Defect Priority 2: The defect is blocking test or development progress, it is assigned and will be tracked at the Monday status meetings. MUST BE fixed before the 'next' release.
Defect Priority 1: Major test and/or development blocker, the assignee drops everything else and works on this defect until it is resolved, tracked at the Monday and Wednesday meetings, MUST BE FIXED ASAP
Enhancement Priority 4: noted, but no promises, if someone wants get familiar with the code and development environment without public pressure they could code one of these for practice.
Enhancement Priority 3: in consideration for the roadmap, may or may not be in the next release (or the release after that), but it is tracked as part of the roadmap process
Enhancement Priority 2: on the list for the 'next' (after the 'current') release, may or may not actually make it above the cut line when the dust settles
Enhancement Priority 1: must make it into the 'next' release. Usually this means resources have been committed and the community has given the nod via the roadmap process.

Below are the notes on the disposition of particular bugzillas. I will be making these changes in bugzilla today and tomorrow as time permits, so if you are on the CC for any of these defects you will be getting email.
If there are specific questions we need you to answer please enter them as comments in the bugzilla. Other than noted below please don't change the state, severity or priority of any bugzilla or it will confuse me.

Attendees: Tom, Chris, Jenny, Rodica

166192 enhancement -> defects
Add to tips & tricks
Open defect with SBLM
Release notes? Chris.

166820 close open a new specific enhancement P4

166869 P4/enhancement (name change?)

168245 P3

170029 P3 : talk to Hans for more data and a reproduction

170147 P3 : Hans

172223 -> P3 defect

174996 -> P3 Enhancement

176657 -> May be fixed by 199869 - need verification, Rodica to add additional info re authentication

176889 -> P3 - reassign

178570 -> P3 - reassign

183604 -> P3 - reassign

185765 -> P3 defect

185786 -> P4 defect

186013 -> rodica will close

186159 -> Dave will close

186160 -> P4 defect

186371 -> P3 defect

187930 -> P4 defect

198139 -> ask todd for status

198987 -> close

199148 -> P2 defect, get wolfe working

199181 -> P4 enhancement

199467 -> reassign

199805 -> P3

200935 -> reassign Todd

201269 -> reassign Todd

201569 -> assign to Tom, if not by R0.4 add to release notes

201766 -> update with wiki

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/26/2007 07:50 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Open Aperi Defects as of 9/26 for Tech Talk Meeting

We'll be going over these today at the Tech Talk Meeting to (re)assign priorities

29 bugs found.
166192 enh P3 Wind siegmund@xxxxxxxxxx REOP CIM xml - communication should be traced into a single separate file
166820 enh P4 Wind dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Removed Resource Retention Panel missing row for 'computer'
166869 enh P3 Wind dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Storage Availability/Capacity and Total Freespace DAS only