Re: [aperi-dev] Patch for Aperi agent in XEN Virtual Machines

<OF84780831.5B0E9505-ON8725734E.006659B2-8825734F.000250A4@xxxxxxxxxx>, Todd
Singleton <toddsing@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Robert,

Hi Todd,

> great stuff....  If I were you, I would go ahead and commit your changes,
> and then download the next build to sanity check your changes.  Here is
> what you do:

Now using an Eclipse 3.3 based build environment on SLES10 sp1...

> 1) commit the two java files (straightforward)

Done

> 2) commit the two native files (also straightforward)

Done

> 3) compile the native code on linux and windows, and check in the
> respective libraries in /Aperi/bin .

Done for Linux, I checked in all the binaries in
  Aperi/bin/linux-ix86/*

but I'm afraid I can't compile for Windows (sorry).

> This assumes that you have grabbed latest and verified that your code
> works against HEAD (as you mentioned below).

Yes, I created a new build environment and checked out from HEAD.

A few comments on the build environment for Linux:

If using the aperi.psf from org.eclipse.aperi.build versus Aperi/doc,
need to manually checkout org.mortbay.jaas

org.eclipse.aperi.build has its Java build path set to include external
JARs C:/Aperi-Dev/BuildTools/ant-1.6.5.jar etc
Need to change Java build path for external ant.jar and ant-launcher.jar
updated to version 1.7 as used elsewhere

The SNIA HBA package that download3rdParty.xml downloads has
an uppercase filename HBAAPILIB.c. The Linux Makefile tries to compile
lowercase hbaapilib.c. I've checked in a fix
  device/SNIA/commonAPI/linux/Makefile~1.4

Finally, I'm not sure I understand how the RunConfigureAperiIDE is
supposed to be working.

My seqeunce of steps is this:

  Build all Java code with no errors
  Run developer_build.sh compile_linux with no errors
  Run AperiDebug/reset.sh
  Run ConfigureAperiIDE

reset.sh doesn't bring down a configure directory.
So I reverted reset.sh to the previous 1.3 version, which copies templates
from ../Aperi/tempate/* rather than ../org.eclispse.aperi.build/template/* as
is done by reset.sh~1.4

RunConfigureAperiIDE will then run successfully, however there are
various missing properties in Aperi/template/configure/default.properties
that cause the ConfigureAperi Java code to fail. I added these:

  reportRepository
  download3rdParty
  dbUsername
  dbPassword
  dbPort

and created an empty Aperi/template/configure/searchReplace.config

I unit tested on SLES10, SLES10 sp1 and SLES10 sp1 Xen kernel (running
on physical and virtual machines).

Thanks,
Robert

Back to the top