Fw: [aperi-dev] WANTED: Ideas for Aperi

Thanks Robert,
I remember the list we talked about at Linux World, and welcome the new items as well.  I will add to the list.  Thanks for posting.

How was your experience at LinuxWorld?  Did you and Alex see a lot of traffic at the Eclipse booth and talk to many folks?

Cheers,   Tom
Tom Guinane     Aperi Project Lead     IBM ARC     408-927-2104     guinane@xxxxxxxxxx     http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/

----- Forwarded by Tom Guinane/San Jose/IBM on 08/27/2007 03:18 PM -----
"Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/27/2007 02:59 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <aperi-news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] WANTED: Ideas for Aperi

<OF9BC9F359.6ED28DC6-ON88257344.0075A654-88257344.00773CD9@xxxxxxxxxx>, Tom
Guinane <guinane@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> Just a reminder that we are still taking input in order to update the
> Aperi road map.  What would you like to see changed/updated in Aperi? What
> suggestions for improvement do you have?  This is the time to get your
> ideas and thoughts into the discussion.  We will start to prioritize what
> has been submitted so far on Thursday.  So, please create an enhancement
> Bugzilla or respond to this mailing list with your suggestions for future
> Aperi work!

Hi Tom,

Here are the things discussed during LinuxWorld:

1/ Discovering iSCSI storage via iSNS
2/ Support for other clusters e.g. LinuxHA (perhaps via CIM_Cluster)
3/ Support for (server) host profiles
4/ Support for running the agent inside Virtual Machines (Xen is w.i.p.)

And a few other ones...

1/ Support for servers w/ HBAs supporting Fibre Channel N_Port_ID virtualization (NPIV)
2/ Support for servers with multipath fabric attachment (question from the demo Webcast) - e.g. Linux with dm-multipath

Hth,
Robert