Re: [aperi-dev] WANTED: Ideas for Aperi

Hello,

BIRT 2.2 version has the capability to retrieve data using a Web Service ODA driver.

In order to be able to use this BIRT capability, Aperi would need a SOAP engine with support for WSDL.

I would suggest to add "analyze the possibility to move from Apache SOAP to Axis or Axis2" in our roadmap..

Axis is a SOAP engine with extensive support for WSDL and has tools to generate WSDL from Java.

Regards,
Rodica

Tom Guinane <guinane@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/28/2007 12:41 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-news@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] WANTED: Ideas for Aperi

Hello,
Just a reminder that we are still taking input in order to update the Aperi road map.  What would you like to see changed/updated in Aperi?  What suggestions for improvement do you have?  This is the time to get your ideas and thoughts into the discussion.  We will start to prioritize what has been submitted so far on Thursday.  So, please create an enhancement Bugzilla or respond to this mailing list with your suggestions for future Aperi work!

Key links:

Existing roadmap:
                http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/1/1f/AperiTechnicalRoadmap6.pdf
Release planning input:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Release_Planning
Road map update timeline:
        http://wiki.eclipse.org/Road_map_update_timeline
Enter a requirement via Bugzilla:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Aperi&bug_severity=enhancement
Requirements Process:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Requirements_Process

Cheers,   Tom
Tom Guinane     Aperi Project Lead     IBM ARC     408-927-2104     guinane@xxxxxxxxxx     http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/

----- Forwarded by Tom Guinane/San Jose/IBM on 08/27/2007 02:25 PM -----
Tom Guinane/San Jose/IBM

08/15/2007 11:34 PM

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-news@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Requirements processing and road map planning

It has been about a year since we have updated our
Aperi Technical Roadmap and we have successfully delivered several point releases based on it.  Now it is time to set our direction for the next year or so.  I would like to start this by collecting requirements from the community so we can build our road map content.  In order to kick this off, I have created a strawman requirements process in our wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Requirements_Process.

At Thursday's Aperi Community meeting, we will be reviewing this process and starting down the path to update the roadmap.  For those of you attending the call, please take a look at this process prior to the meeting.

Thank you.

Cheers,   Tom