Re: [aperi-dev] WANTED: Ideas for Aperi

<OF9BC9F359.6ED28DC6-ON88257344.0075A654-88257344.00773CD9@xxxxxxxxxx>, Tom
Guinane <guinane@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> Just a reminder that we are still taking input in order to update the
> Aperi road map.  What would you like to see changed/updated in Aperi? What
> suggestions for improvement do you have?  This is the time to get your
> ideas and thoughts into the discussion.  We will start to prioritize what
> has been submitted so far on Thursday.  So, please create an enhancement
> Bugzilla or respond to this mailing list with your suggestions for future
> Aperi work!

Hi Tom,

Here are the things discussed during LinuxWorld:

1/ Discovering iSCSI storage via iSNS
2/ Support for other clusters e.g. LinuxHA (perhaps via CIM_Cluster)
3/ Support for (server) host profiles
4/ Support for running the agent inside Virtual Machines (Xen is w.i.p.)

And a few other ones...

1/ Support for servers w/ HBAs supporting Fibre Channel N_Port_ID virtualization (NPIV)
2/ Support for servers with multipath fabric attachment (question from the demo Webcast) - e.g. Linux with dm-multipath

Hth,
Robert

Back to the top