Re: [aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party packages

Actually we no longer need the JDBC drivers in the GUI since we changed the model to remote report viewing.
You do need to add the drivers to the aperi-reports and birt-viewer in both the Derby and the DB2 cases.
That is:
copy [jdbc-drivers] to both [aperi_install_dir]\plugins\org.eclipse.aperi.reporting_5.0.0\web\birt-viewer\WEB-INF\lib and [aperi_install_dir]\plugins\org.eclipse.aperi.reporting_5.0.0\web\aperi-reports\WEB-INF\lib

Can I (should I?) tweak ConfigureAperi  to copy the derby drivers by default?

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Hans Lin/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/30/2007 01:09 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party        packages

I think there is also a need to copy db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar into /rcpgui/plugins/org.eclipse.aperi.db_1.0.0 so I modified the instructions as follows

Copy the DB2 JDBC driver into the directory where you unzipped the Aperi Storage Manager files. To do this perform the following steps:
Locate the DB2 JDBC driver that was installed during the DB2 installation. On Windows, check C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\Java. The filenames are db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar.

for dir in /plugins & /rcpgui/plugins
do
copy the driver files to $dir/org.eclipse.aperi.db_1.0.0
then go into $dir/org.eclipse.aperi.db_1.0.0
for each $dir/org.eclipse.aperi.db_1.0.0/MANIFEST directory, delete MANIFEST.MF and rename DB2-MANIFEST.MF to MANIFEST.MF
done

Hans H. Lin, Tivoli SAN Software Development
IBM San Jose, California
Phone: 408-284-4917, Fax: 408-256-8507
email: linh@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUSDave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/30/2007 11:49 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

Re: [aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party packages

Here are the updated download and config instructions:

Dave Wolfe/Portland/
IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Chris King/Chicago/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/26/2007 09:33 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party packages

Can anyone provide a list of which third-party packages must be downloaded for users to run and use Aperi v0.3?

This list is intended for the installation instructions (
http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/documentation/), which explains how to install and get started with Aperi. I don't need a list of the third-party packages needed for an Aperi build environment since that information is already provided in the Aperi Development Environment document located here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/build/dev-env.

Thanks.

(See attached file: Install the Aperi Storage Manager files.doc)