Re: [aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party packages

    I think there is also a need to copy db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar into /rcpgui/plugins/org.eclipse.aperi.db_1.0.0 so I modified the instructions as follows

    Copy the DB2 JDBC driver into the directory where you unzipped the Aperi Storage Manager files. To do this perform the following steps:

        Locate the DB2 JDBC driver that was installed during the DB2 installation. On Windows, check C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\Java. The filenames are db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar.
    for dir in /plugins & /rcpgui/plugins
    do
    copy the driver files to $dir/org.eclipse.aperi.db_1.0.0
    then go into $dir/org.eclipse.aperi.db_1.0.0
    for each $dir/org.eclipse.aperi.db_1.0.0/MANIFEST directory, delete MANIFEST.MF and rename DB2-MANIFEST.MF to MANIFEST.MF
    done

Hans H. Lin, Tivoli SAN Software Development
IBM San Jose, California
Phone: 408-284-4917, Fax: 408-256-8507
email: linh@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUSDave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS

          Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          04/30/2007 11:49 AM

          Please respond to
          Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

Re: [aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party packages

Here are the updated download and config instructions:

Dave Wolfe/Portland/
IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Chris King/Chicago/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/26/2007 09:33 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Installing/running Aperi v0.3 - required third-party packages

Can anyone provide a list of which third-party packages must be downloaded for users to run and use Aperi v0.3?

This list is intended for the installation instructions (
http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/documentation/), which explains how to install and get started with Aperi. I don't need a list of the third-party packages needed for an Aperi build environment since that information is already provided in the Aperi Development Environment document located here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/build/dev-env.

Thanks.
aperi-dev mailing list
aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx