RE: [alf-dev] Availability of POC infrastructure pieces?

> Mark Phippard wrote on 3/8/2006:
>
> I think the main issue is that sometime in the not too
> distant future,
> there needs to be a reasonable set of instructions for
> setting up an ALF
> test environment.  This is especially true if you want people
> from the
> open source community to be able to get involved.

Has there been any progess on this front?  I've built the basic AccuRev web
services interface, but there's no way currently to test this with ALF.  The
environment I'm using is similar to the list posted on this thread earlier:

Present and used:
Apache 2.0.55 (Windows)
Tomcat 5.5
Axis 1.3
Eclipse 3.1.1 with WTP (but the WTP stuff wasn't very helpful...I pretty
much punted on these and used Axis)

The Tomcat common and shared libs together have everything one needs to run
Axis (especially activation.jar).

Present but currently unused:
ActiveBPEL 1.2
Oracle BPEL Designer Eclipse plugin

These are unused because I have no ALF war file to drop in for testing
purposes, so I haven't taken a look at them yet.

I took the approach of hand-coding WSDL and then using the Axis WSDL2Java to
generate stubs/skels, etc.  Writing the implementation and client test code
was straight-forward from there.  I also hand-built the war directory inside
of Eclipse and pointed my default Tomcat context to this directory.  Pretty
easy to do once I was done mud wrestling with the tools.  Currently there
are two supported methods:

AccuRevCommand_execute - this is a big bucket method along the lines of what
Steve Taylor did for Openmake.
UpdateReferenceStream_execute - this updates a specified AccuRev reference
stream.  A ref stream is a read-only copy of a stream (the AccuRev term for
a collection of versioned elements) that is often used by our customers (and
by us, for that matter) for nightly builds.

There is ongoing work by AccuRev to extend this set, along the lines of
whatever comes out of the ALF SCM Vocabulary meetings that we are
participating in.

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, I have built the Event Manager, but
without without the property files, the various XML files, and really, the
whole ALF war file (assuming such a thing exists?), it is not much help (but
it is a good read!)

Anxiously awaiting ALF at AccuRev!

Thanks,
 - matt