RE: [alf-dev] ALF Source Code Maangement Vocabulary Meeting +1-303-928-3232 id 6053141# 10:00AM PST

Wednesday, April 12, at 10:00am PST conf call

Meeting Minutes:
Proposed Agenda:
1. Make introductions
2. Discuss how we want to proceed

Attendees
Tim Buss - Serena
Glen Everett - Compuware
Eric Minick - Urban Code
Scott McGrath - Accurev
Matt Laudato - Accurev
Richard Title - Accurev
Mark Phippard - Soft Landing

1. Introductions and interest.

Tim - interest driven by ALF and as a tool provider
Glen - interest driven by Corona - a common vocabulary and events from
tools helps with collaboration
Eric - interest driven by point to point integration implementations
Scott, Matt, Richard - interested as a tool provider
Mark - interested as a tool provider for company products and
Subversion.

2. Proposed approach was discussed

A. Concepts  - To enumerate and describe generally the basic concepts we
are trying to capture
B. Use cases - The set of core use cases we think are common and
generally useful
C. Schema - A formal definition of the data
D. WSDL - A formal definition of the services
E. Overview - Something to tie it all together

It was agreed that this was a reasonable approach.

A general question was raised as to the scope of a vocabulary and what
we might do with functions that are not universally supported (ie one
tool supports and another doesn't) - ALF vocabularies should encapsulate
a core set of functions. Its purpose was to useful and make things
easier but not to provide rigid standard.  Thus tools were welcome to
provide additional services outside of Core and there was no obligation
for a tool to provide all the functions defined by ALF.  That said, the
idea is that we achieve some level of interchangeability especially in
the case of Open Source.

Richard Title shared a straw man proposal for the SCM concepts and use
cases.  Thanks Richard.

We discussed using a wikki to collaborate on the document.  A possible
host for this are the experimental one put together by Richard Gross
(see link on ALF web site).  Others have also indicated they may be able
to host it.

A Face to Face meeting was suggested.  While this is a possibility we
would need to justify it to our respective management.  Possibly it
would be more interesting once we have a couple of vocabulary areas
active so we can normalize efforts.

Action Items
1. Investigate Wikki - Tim
2. Review Richard's proposal - All - this means YOU
3. Create additions to this proposals and/or suggest alternatives - All
- this means YOU.
4. Agenda for next week - Tim
	Items so far
	Discuss milestone dates and who can do what.
	Discuss Richard T's proposal
	Wikki update

Tim Buss,
Serena

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Back to the top