[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ajdt-dev] An error message mentioning org.eclipse.equinox.service.weaving
- From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:36:35 -0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:sender:reply-to:received :in-reply-to:references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=KYpdwqkdQ12kXfnVUYOoepyHbXpVt0O1sv62QJn9jwo=; b=qkHGowDhiposD4xmJ1bgOtNpJoR5BdPHRHIo0uxA0wERkjU+a+NSOX4VC9qK7fNc4Y ukvxkoXddVxO/alLZ0piS0JOlDIlCe1KCUFSzC6zIb7y7rGY63gDjmZmv5YwoIi48FMF 4+EsuYFVx5xZ4tCiHZaEECjHdI4LetI5oEiv8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=ckm9Ip6UoJvSGTcd15d/kYnyg09KU7TX2ijXkoFk3tdansbkXruv3fZ5Koy/xZWmKC m8EJDkEbi05/qlGNCVK1+TUDW7Axjeo67GH0DDTBhMHnypCR3V/Tg0fPgiHdFss4pnSl VfN48/0daAcFMACxLGNlyUn0f/DvXc1jBOHd8=
No, there is no specific how-to anywhere. One of the main problems is
that they become out of date so fast unless someone is very pro-active
about maintaining it. We generally expect that people will come to
this mailing list for help.
I'd recommend that you start with a fresh install of Eclipse and try
to install AJDT again.
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 3:19 PM, YourFriend Rick
> ----- Original Message ----
>>From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Sent: Saturday, December 4, 2010 0:16:28
>>Subject: Re: [ajdt-dev] An error message mentioning
>>You said that you have a 'jar' called org.aspectj.weaver...? It
>>should be a 'folder' called org.aspectj.weaver.... How did you
>>install AJDT? It looks like it is improperly installed.
>>Did you install from an update site, or just by copying some jars into
>>your eclipse plugins folder?
> I've tried a couple of configurations. About twelve hours ago, I tried doing
> just the jars without the update site.
> Upon reading your message, I tried using the update site. I went through the
> Help menu to the "install new software"
> choice and plugged in the
> The configuration crashed with the same error as before - it's still missing the
> Definition class.
> However, the plugins folder now has a folder called
> org.aspectj.weaver_1.6etc. Within that folder there is an aspectjweaver jar.
> When copied to a separate place and
> unzipped in the name of science, it produces folders: org, aspectj, weaver,
> loadtime, definition, and in that
> last one is the Definition.class that somehow isn't getting through to the
> process that needs it.
> I agree that AJDT is improperly installed. I had previously built hand-crafted
> code within Eclipse and possibly
> I've leapfrogged ahead to advanced features without a real understanding of how
> to use the intermediate features
> of Eclipse that would make it possible to use advanced tools like AJDT.
> In my defense, I looked around for documentation before blundering boldly ahead.
> Did I miss a HOWTO somewhere?
> Thanks for all the feedback.
> ajdt-dev mailing list