[ajdt-dev] An error message mentioning org.eclipse.equinox.service.weaving

Greetings.

I would like to discuss a recent error that I have encountered with both 64-bit
and 32-bit versions of Eclipse.

First, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.
1) After many failures with a 64-bit version of Eclipse, I installed a 32-bit
version of Eclipse and deleted all old files.
2) I went to file->import and imported all the plugins from the unzipped AJDT
file.
3) I created a new Eclipse Application launch configuration. For plugin launch,
I selected "plugins selected below only." At this stage I saw the "Workspace"
list of blank boxes with all the AJDT jars in it; below that was the "Target
Platform" list with all the jars selected already.
4) I ticked the check box to select  "org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.aspectj"; I
put "autostart" to "true" and the "runlevel" still read 0 for that line.  (The
default runlevel was 4 and I didn't change it.)

Note that at this point, in the "Plugin" tab, I could clearly see the
org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.hook line, but its "autostart" was set to "false"
and the control was disabled, so I could not select it to change it.

5) At the Configuration tab, I selected "Use an existing config.ini as a
template" and I chose the customized config.ini

with the lines given at:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/AJDT_Developer_FAQ
6) I clicked RUN on the Configuration tab. (Note that I did not click Apply
first.)

Result:
!SESSION 2010-12-02 23:44:49.122 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20100909-0800
java.version=1.6.0_22
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.sdk.ide
Command-line arguments:  -product org.eclipse.sdk.ide -data
D:\32bit\eclipse\32w/../runtime-New_configuration -dev
file:D:/32bit/eclipse/32w/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/New_configuration/dev.properties
 -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.aspectj 4 0 2010-12-02 23:44:51.463
!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle
"org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.aspectj_1.0.0.v20100108 [100]" could not be
resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package:
org.eclipse.equinox.service.weaving; version="0.0.0"

It appears that I might have some AspectJ available, but I do not have weaving,
so I cannot build the basic tests.

Further, with the 64-bit Eclipse, I managed to get some extensions (apparently
through Spring Framework) that enabled automatic choices for AspectJ; for
example, I could choose pop-up menus to create AspectJ projects.  However, that
configuration did not appear to be working correctly, so I deleted it.  If
Spring Framework is considered to be convenient for AspectJ, I can reinstall it.

Thanks
Rick

Back to the top