Re: [ajdt-dev] Following calls to proceed() in around advice?

Hi Andrew,

On Jul 22, 2010, at 12:33 AM, Andrew Eisenberg wrote:

> This is not currently a feature that we are exploring since it has
> never been requested before.  However, it is something that I can
> imagine being useful.

Yes, I agree. When reasoning about around-advice, the developer may want to know what are the possible targets to a call to proceed(). By the way, those targets may not be methods in the cases of field set/get and exception handling join points (for example).

> There is already some Eclipse infrastructure available for navigation
> when there are multiple possible targets.

Really? I was not aware of that. In which situations? The only one I can think of is the quick type hierarchy (CTRL-T I believe) when selected on a method displays a tool-tip box with the possible targets.

>  Pressing F3 over the
> particular element will open a little tooltip window where the user
> can select which target to go to.

Yes, that sounds exactly what I had in mind.

> If you would like to request this feature, please raise a bugzilla
> request and we can discuss some more details.

Will do!

Raffi

Back to the top