Re: [ajdt-dev] Equinox Aspects - some doubts

Hi JP,

let me provide some insights... :-)

*Target Environment*

You don't *need* a specialized target platform for running Equinox Aspects. This is currently used within some demo projects to show what minimal bundle set you need to run an OSGi app using Equinox Aspects. If you have AJDT installed to your SDK, then you already have the Equinox Aspects bundles installed and you don't need a specialized target environment. This is just useful if you separate between your IDE and the OSGi environment your workspace projects should compile and run against.

*CVS URLs*

You are right, there is no direct link to the CVS resources from the equinox aspects website. We should fix that, absolutely right. The current version of equinox aspects is located in the RT projects cvs tree:

/cvsroot/rt/org.eclipse.equinox/incubator/aspects/

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else!

Cheers,
-Martin

João Paulo Sabino de Moraes wrote:
Hello all,

I'm new in plug-in development with Aspects but lately I'm getting started
with Equinox Aspects. I've tested Hello Demo and it worked perfectly
alright, but I'm still doubted about how it really works. I didn't
understand the need of a general project with a target definition, I've run
hello.aspect plugin withou it and the plugin worked with no problems too.
I've searched for demos (equinox-incubator/aspects/demos) at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi?view=roots but I didn't find any
link related to equinox-incubator with cvs url?
I'd be glad if anyone could help me with theese problems

thanks

--
jp