Re: [ajdt-dev] Eclipse/AJDT strange behaviour

Hi Ian,

You tend to get the "Syntax error on token "aspect", interface expected"
message if you have an aspect in a .java file and you've opened this with
the java editor. However, you say you have a .aj file
extension....something similar has recently been mentioned in an
aspectj-users post
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aspectj-users/msg06639.html). Could
you please open an AJDT bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/ for this and
include the aspect which is causing the problem?

The second issue sounds like an incremental compilation bug. Please raise a
bug against AspectJ ( https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/) including the aspect
which is showing the problem.

Thanks, Helen

             "Orford, Ian"
             <Ian.Orford@dresd
             nerkleinwort.com>                                          To
             Sent by:                  "'ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'"
             ajdt-dev-bounces@         <ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             eclipse.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             13/09/2006 08:11          [ajdt-dev] Eclipse/AJDT strange
                                       behaviour

             Please respond to
                  AspectJ
             Development Tools
                 developer
                discussions
             <ajdt-dev@eclipse
                   .org>

Eclipse 3.2, AJDT 1.4.0.20060629124300

I've got a couple of annoying little bugs with the Eclipse plug-in.

First, when looking at my aspects, eclipse thinks that thre are syntax
errors in the code window, but no error is shown in the package explorer or
problems windows. For example "public aspect MyAspect" yields an error on
the keyword "aspect" saying "Syntax error on token "aspect", interface
expected".

It looks to me like it's expecting it to be an interface. The file has a
.aj suffix. There are other errors too.

Secondly, if I make a change to one of my classes that is advised by an
aspect, the incremental compiler often complains with methods that throw
exceptions. The error is:

        can't throw unchecked exception 'java.lang.Excepion' at this
join-point method-excecution(...)

However if I do a full aspect compile, the error goes away.

Thanks in advance for help in fixing one or both of the problems,

Ian Orford
 ------

The information contained herein is confidential and is intended solely for
the
written permission of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient,
please
contact the sender either via the company switchboard on +44 (0)20 7623
8000, or
via e-mail return. If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to
read our
http://www.dresdnerkleinwort.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender.