Re: [ajdt-dev] Deactivated plug-in bug

I *think* you've hit bug 23955, which was fixed post 0.5.2 release. Once
the plugin has been deactivated eclipse gets very upset with it. The only
way out of this that I know is to blow away your .metadata. If that's too
brutal, you could try removing the plugins from the plugin directory,
starting up eclipse, then shutting down, adding them back in again and
restarting. The latter is not guaranteed though!

--Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

                      Ron Bodkin
                      <rbodkin@newaspects        To:       ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      .com>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  [ajdt-dev] Deactivated plug-in bug
                      ajdt-dev-admin@dev.
                      eclipse.org

                      18/02/2003 19:35
                      Please respond to
                      ajdt-dev

We ran into a problem where the AJDT plugin (for AspectJ 1.06) throws
an exception and Eclipse shuts it down. I've attached the .log file
from the plugin with the details.

Two questions:
1) any idea what is causing this bug?
2) how can we reactivate the plug-in after it is deactivated?

Thanks!
Ron

#### .log has been removed from this note on February 18 2003 by Adrian
Colyer