Re: [ajdt-dev] Deactivated plug-in bug

Thanks. We have been doing the remove all plugins, restart, shut
down, then reinstall to recover. However, it looks like the underlying
null pointer exception is happening every time.

Is bug 23955 causing this null pointer exception? Is there a way
to avoid it in the configuration? I took a look at the old sources
and I believe the null pointer exception is happening at this line
(383) in AspectJPlugin.java:
				Ajde.init(
					 ajdtEditorAdapter
					,ajdtCompilerMonitor // task list manager
					,ajdtCompilerMonitor // build progress monitor
					,ajdtProjectProperties
					,ajdtBuildOptions
					,ajdtStructureFactory
					,ajdtUIAdapter
					,ajdtErrorHandler
					);

At Tuesday, 18 February 2003, "Adrian Colyer" <adrian_colyer@xxxxxx.
com> wrote:

>I *think* you've hit bug 23955, which was fixed post 0.5.2 release.
Once
>the plugin has been deactivated eclipse gets very upset with it.
The only
>way out of this that I know is to blow away your .metadata. If that's
too
>brutal, you could try removing the plugins from the plugin directory,
>starting up eclipse, then shutting down, adding them back in again and
>restarting. The latter is not guaranteed though!
>
>--Adrian
>Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx
>
>                      Ron Bodkin
>
>                      <rbodkin@newaspects        To:       ajdt-
dev@dev.
>eclipse.org
>                      .com>                      cc:
>
>                      Sent by:                   Subject:  [ajdt-dev]
>Deactivated plug-in bug
>
>                      ajdt-dev-admin@dev.
>
>                      eclipse.org
>
>                      18/02/2003 19:35
>
>                      Please respond to
>
>                      ajdt-dev
>
>We ran into a problem where the AJDT plugin (for AspectJ 1.06) throws
>an exception and Eclipse shuts it down. I've attached the .log file
>from the plugin with the details.
>
>Two questions:
>1) any idea what is causing this bug?
>2) how can we reactivate the plug-in after it is deactivated?
>
>Thanks!
>Ron
>
>#### .log has been removed from this note on February 18 2003 by Adrian
>Colyer
>
>Attached file
>Save attachment
>View attachment as text