[ajdt-dev] ajde updates

I've made the following updates to AJDE:

* Fixed formatting of labels in structure model (ahh, the structure views
finally look reasonable).

* Fixed mismatch of source locations with structure model expectations
(complex paths were breaking the model).

* Added a few model tests.

ajde.jar is updated in the org.aspectj.ajde plug-in so all that you should
need to do is update.  No APIs have changed, and so I did not need to make
changes to any org.aspectj.ajdt sources.

I'm stuck on enabling incremental compilation for the moment.  A key
incremental unit test is failing in the AspectJ tests, and I need some more
time to investigate.

After that, the next thing on my plate is to fix the other nits in the model
(e.g. missing nodes like initializers, missing associations).  But the core
ones are there, so this shouldn't be slowing anyone down.

Note also:

* I couldn't get BuildConfigurationTests.testEmptyWarnings and commented it
out--it seems to be dependent on it's previous run (Adrian?).

* I changed the org.aspectj.ajdt and org.aspectj.ajde projects not to depend
on Eclipse projects, but rather extend the ECLIPSE_HOME variable and depend
on JARs.  I believe that this makes it easier for people to get started
without needing to install all of the dependencies as projects.  Let me know
if this causes problems.

* I've been noticing a bug with the structure view that may have been around
for a while.  If you navigate to a node using the view (e.g. to an advice
affecting you) and the file that the "to" node is in is not open, it will
only open the file and not seek to the sourceline of the "to" node.  Could
someone investigate this?

Cheers,

Mik

Back to the top