[ajdt-dev] Tricky bug in 1.06 plugin

We just spent the better part of the day trying to debug a problem
in which AJDT was failing to produce compiler output. It was producing
no tasks to indicate compiler errors, nor any exceptions. There were
no indications of a problem in the ajdt event trace nor in the plugin
debug error log.

I eventually debugged the problem by using the command line compiler
to discover there was a missing jar. I believe the jar was accessed
later in compilation, while weaving rather than in initial compilation.
The way the ajc compiler emitted the errors was also very odd: it
didn't have any command lines or source code. Here's the command
line output I saw:
C:\eclipse\workspace\LocosUsage>ajc -source 1.4 -d bin @default.lst
missing type oracle.sql.NUMBER
missing type oracle.sql.CustomDatum
interface required, not *
missing type oracle.sql.DATE
missing type oracle.sql.CustomDatum
interface required, not *
6 errors

I was able to fix the problem by adding the jar, but only through
these extraordinary means!

Ron Bodkin
Chief Technology Officer
New Aspects of Security