[ajdt-dev] building with org.aspectj.ajde 1.1a1

Adrian, Andy, Julie,

I resolved the issue causing AJDT to fail loading with the 1.1a1 AspectJ tools.  It boiled down to ensuring that none of the internal aj compiler classes were exported or visible to AJDT and JDT.  A few nits made that interesting.  We can go over those when we meet again.  The good news is that we can release a version of AJDT that supports the next 1.1 release AspectJ (beta 1).

To update your workspace I suggest that you check out a clean copy of org.eclipse.ajdt from the HEAD (in case you were on the R0_5_2 tag).  Rather than depending on the org.aspectj.ajde plug-in being in Eclipse's plug-ins directory I just depend on the project.  If you set up the org.aspectj.ajde project in your workspace you shouldn't need to make any changes to the org.eclipse.ajdt project's .project and .classpath files in CVS.  Download the plug-in at:
http://aspectj.org/home/ea/org.aspectj.ajde_1.1a1.zip

Notes on this drop:

* The sources for ajde.jar and aspectjtools.jar are in the JARs beside the classes, not in parallel ZIP files.

* You'll notice that crosscutting structure is starting to appear in the model, although much of it is still missing.  The rest should appear in a drop that I'll provide early next week.

Enjoy,

Mik

--
Mik Kersten