[ajdt-dev] AJDT -- Development activities resume!

Thanks for all the messages that you've been posting to this list. We
apologise that things have been quite over the last couple of weeks - the
team have been hit hard by vacations [ ;-) ] and by other business
pressures [ :-( ]. I'm pleased to say that operations are up and running
fully again as of this week (we're one team member down still, but other
than that we're ok).

Our plans for this week are to try and fix all outstanding problems
reported on bugzilla (which fall into two general camps :- issues relating
to working across multiple projects, and plugin being deactivated due to a
problem with the builder), and to move to the 1.0.6 level of AspectJ. A new
binary will be posted incorporating these changes.

I'd love to have an automated overnight build set up so that you could
download the latest every day (if you're feeling brave!). Unfortunately the
eclipse technology PMC in which AJDT lives is also recently founded and
doesn't support that yet. We hope to have such a facility up and running in
the [near?] future. Until such a time, the mechanism for releasing new
drivers relies on me ftp'ing a drop to the eclipse distribution severs.

The overall goal for the project is to enable seamless integration of
AspectJ with the eclipse runtime. We know we've got a long way to go in
some areas (like refactoring for example, and more down to earth,
debugging!). The recent discussions on users@xxxxxxxxxxx surrounding the
move of the aspectj compiler to be an extension of the eclipse compiler is
going to be a great boost for the AJDT project so we have high hopes for
delivering you a first class development environment over the next months.
Please keep sending your comments and suggestions - they all contribute to
making the AJDT development environment the most productive place to do AO
development with AspectJ.

Thanks,
Adrian.

Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx - AJDT Development Team