RE: [ajdt-dev] AJDT -- Development activities resume!

Hi Adrian,

Great news. Thanks for keeping us informed.

> Our plans for this week are to try and fix all outstanding problems
> reported on bugzilla (which fall into two general camps :- issues
relating
> to working across multiple projects, and plugin being deactivated due
to a
> problem with the builder), and to move to the 1.0.6 level of AspectJ.
> new
> binary will be posted incorporating these changes.
>
> I'd love to have an automated overnight build set up so that you could
> download the latest every day (if you're feeling brave!).
Unfortunately
> the
> eclipse technology PMC in which AJDT lives is also recently founded
and
> doesn't support that yet. We hope to have such a facility up and
running
> in
> the [near?] future. Until such a time, the mechanism for releasing new
> drivers relies on me ftp'ing a drop to the eclipse distribution
severs.

Actually, I'm very fine to build it form the sources. The only problem I
have is that nothing gets committed to CVS as the changes are made ... I
think that would help if :

1/ changes were committed to CVS as you made them,
2/ CVS emails were sent to the dev list (or cvs-dev list)

I would certainly love 1/ and 2/ and could probably help a little as my
knowledge of Eclipse API increases.

> The overall goal for the project is to enable seamless integration of
> AspectJ with the eclipse runtime. We know we've got a long way to go
in
> some areas (like refactoring for example, and more down to earth,
> debugging!).

hehe

> The recent discussions on users@xxxxxxxxxxx surrounding the
> move of the aspectj compiler to be an extension of the eclipse
compiler is
> going to be a great boost for the AJDT project so we have high hopes
for
> delivering you a first class development environment over the next
months.

Yes, incremental compilation will really be a boon.

> Please keep sending your comments and suggestions - they all
contribute to
> making the AJDT development environment the most productive place to
do AO
> development with AspectJ.

Thanks,

Keep the good work.