[ajdt-dev] Lots of issues with the AspectJ plugin ...

Hi,

After "playing" for 2 days with the AJDT plugin, I have finally arrived
at the conclusion that it is not working yet, but looks very promising.

Here are some issues that I have had :
- workspace corruptions happened about 5 times in 2 days and of course I
had to start everything again each time
- dependent projects do not work (my biggest issue)
- the simple fact of loading the plugin even if your project is a pure
java project (not an AspectJ one) still causes the trouble mentioned
- lots of errors happening from time to time about failure to load the
ajdt plugin or one of its Builder class

How have I reached this conclusion ? Simply by restarting from scratch,
not deploying the ajdt and adje plugins, removing my aspect to only keep
the java classes and setting up my 2 dependent projects. It worked
perfectly well when the plugins were not there.

I'm happy to help debugging all of this is someone on the ajdt
development team is interested to make the plugin usable ...

BTW, it "seems" to work almost fine with only one project.

Thanks
-Vincent

Back to the top