[ajdt-dev] Is the project alive or lack of visibility ?

Hi,

I have looked at the CVS repository for ajdt and have found that there
has been only one single commit, on the 4th of July 2002, when version
0.5.0 was imported in the repository, by Mike.

Since then there has been no commits, hence my question in the subject
title : "Is the project alive ?".

To be honest, I am quite sure it is, as it is a very very interesting
projects that all AOP developers have been waiting for for a long time
... I have used AJDT yesterday and I just loved it ! (although I have
quite a few issues).

However, I'm worried that there is no progress being made. A few bugs
have been reported in bugzilla (some even with patches !) and they
haven't made their way to the CVS repo. There must be a good reason ...
:-)

Also, there doesn't seem to be any nightly builds for the ajdt project.
Is that correct ? Granted, if nothing changes in CVS, it isn't a great
help but I guess this is not the goal, right ? :-)

Mike said on one bug report that a version 0.5.1 is supposed to be out
soon, so I guess someone is working on it... But why aren't the changes
committed to CVS ?

Hey, don't take my rant badly ... It's not a flame ... I find the AJDT
plugin excellent, and I'm probably going to move from IDEA to Eclipse
partly because of it ! ... :-) However, there are a few
bugs/issues/things to polish and I'm anxious to know what's going on and
get some ETA ... :-)

Thanks
-Vincent

Back to the top