Re: [aether-users] Versioning fun with Aether milestones

Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> Andreas Sewe wrote:
>
>> Would it thus be possible, given the still evolving nature of Aether's
>> API, to either tighten the version ranges to include the qualifier
>> (until 1.0.0 is reached) or to release a 0.9.1 in the foreseeable
>> future, i.e., before Luna?
>
> Could you try the following update sites and report how that works out
> regarding wiring:
> - http://download.eclipse.org/aether/aether-core/nightly/
> -
> http://download.eclipse.org/aether/maven-aether-provider/releases/3.1.0.20140322-2106

Thanks for the pointers.

I tested the following scenarios:

  1. Install m2e 1.5-LATEST first, then Code Recommenders
  2. Install Code Recommenders first, the m2e 1.5-LATEST
  3. Install Code Recommenders & m2e 1.5-LATEST simultaneously
  4. Install m2e 1.4, then Code Recommenders

In all cases, the wiring is as expected.

That being said, I am not sure whether your own Import-Packages are a
bit optimistic regarding the API's stability:

  Import-Package: org.eclipse.aether;version="[0.9.1,1)

In our bundles at least, I took the pessimistic stance and used

  Import-Package: org.eclipse.aether;version="[0.9.1,0.9.2)

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)