Re: [aether-users] Versioning fun with Aether milestones

To set up a test in similar manner as using squid, you could use the HTH:
https://github.com/sonatype/http-testing-harness/blob/master/server-provider/src/main/java/org/sonatype/tests/http/server/jetty/behaviour/NTLMAuth.java

Similarly as squid, this one is not performing last step: credentials verification, but is good for testing :)

Thanks,
~t~

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andreas Sewe wrote:
>> Interestingly, following the guidance on the HttpComponents website on
>> how to use Samba JCIFS as an alternative NTLM engine [2], I was able to
>> complete handshake and authentication using the provided
>> ClientProxyAuthentication example. Not sure whether this indicates a
>> problem with the HttpComponents NLTM engine or with Squid's
>> ntlm_fake_auth, though. I guess I'll have to seen the HttpComponents
>> some Wireshark captures so that they can figure that out.
>
> FYI, this is now a Bug report with HttpComponents [1] including
> Wireshark captures. Let's see what the experts say about who's fault it
> is (Squid, HttpComponents).

FYI, it turned out to be Squid's fault. I guess I have to set up a
battery of Windows Server machines to test against "proper" NTLM
implementations. :-(

Andreas

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)