Re: [aether-users] maven aether provider deploy failed with Apache Archiva 2.0.0

Benjamin:

I also tried JFrog from http://www.jfrog.com/ to make sure that I deploy/read from other maven repo managers for comparison.
I was able to deploy without trouble.
For those artifacts deployed via the UI, need to turn on the Maven Indexer for  so that maven-metadata.xml would be created by JFrog and readable by aether-maven-provider.

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Bk Lau <bklau2006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Did you check whether there are any more error details in the Archiva logs that would indicate why the >>request is deemed bad?
2014-03-06 13:07:00,410 [qtp33343401-28] INFO  org.apache.archiva.security.ArchivaServletAuthenticator [] - Authorization Denied [ip=127.0.0.1,permission=archiva-upload-repository,repo=internal] : no matching permissions
Not sure what this means.

>>Random ideas: How big is your WAR, is this by chance exceeding some default upload limit in Archiva? >>What version does the WAR have, SNAPSHOT vs non-SNAPSHOT, and does the destination repository >>accept those versions?

That is just any dummy war file of some size, say 20KB.
I deploy to out-of-the-box "internal" repo at URL : "/archiva/repository/internal" or "/repository/internal"
If I tried manual via the UI, it works. One thing that I observed is that if you just upload a .war file to the Archiva 2.0.0 repo, its cached somewhere and it did not go to the repo "formally" till you click "Save Files" as seen
in the Archiva 2.0.0 upload UI.  When upload via UI, the archiva log shows thus:
2014-03-06 13:03:34,069 [qtp33343401-24] INFO  org.apache.archiva.web.api.DefaultFileUploadService [] - uploading file: FileMetadata{name='HelloWorld3.war', serverFileName='.\temp\upload-artifact3320091627960991750.tmp', size=6044, url="" deleteUrl='upload-artifact3320091627960991750.tmp', deleteType='DELETE', errorKey='null', classifier='', packaging='', pomFile=false}

So there seems to be a commit phase here after the artifact is uploaded first.

In contrast, in Archive 1.3.6, if you hit "Upload", the .war file got upload immediately to the repo and you can see it right away!!.
This might be the cause: so if aether just upload a  HelloWorld.war file and attempt to check if the resource exists, it will definitely not find it!!. May be this is the cause?.

>>Did you verify no files related to your deployment already exist in Archiva from prior attempts in which case >>Archiva might simply block re-deployment?
Even if I set "re-deployment" to off,  it still failed to deployed

>>Frankly, I know close to nothing about Archiva and so can't help much with troubleshooting, i.e. you might >>also want to ping the Archiva user list about this.
I cc Olivier Lamy here; hope some lights can be shed here