Re: [aether-users] maven aether provider deploy failed with Apache Archiva 2.0.0

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19313521/apache-archiva-1-4-m4-deployment-issue
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1786

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Bk Lau <bklau2006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Agreed. I'll contact them now and see what they  have to say.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Benjamin Bentmann <bentmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bk Lau wrote:

Apache Archiva 1.3.6 - PASSED
Apache Archiva 2.0.0 -FAILED
Caused by: org.apache.http.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP method PUT is
not supported by this URL (405)

Given it works with Archiva 1.3.6 but fails with 2.0.0, claiming it doesn't support PUT on that URL, I suggest to
a) verify the URL you use for the repository is still applicable for Archiva 2.0.0
b) contact the Archiva user list about this

With the information at hand here, I currently don't see what Aether contributes to this failure. The code issues a PUT request during deployment as usual.

Benjamin