Re: [aether-users] Adding SubArtifacts after Main Artifact is deployed

Benson Margulies wrote:
>>     Yes, a primary artifact and its secondary artifacts (the ones with a
>>     classifier) all share the same POM. However, AFAIK they do *not* have to
>>     "travel around together" (at least as far as Aether is concerned). In
>>     particular, the "classified" artifacts certainly don't have to deploy
>>     them all in one go.
>
> OK, I stand corrected. Do any of Nexus or the other common Maven repos
> support this?

Not sure. That repo was written as a "file:" repository; no repository
manager was involved. But apparently Aether managed to maintain its
metadata just fine without one [1].

Andreas

[1]
<http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/models/luna-m3/jre/jre/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml>