Re: [aether-users] Getting Aether to understand packaging types

We have a DependencyManager impl for Aether. More specifically we do the resolve here.

We collection the dependencies here:

https://github.com/grails/grails-core/blob/master/grails-aether/src/main/groovy/org/codehaus/groovy/grails/resolve/maven/aether/AetherDependencyManager.groovy#L400

And then resolve:

Thanks again

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Benjamin Bentmann <bentmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Graeme Rocher wrote:

However, I can't work out how to get Aether (outside of Maven) to
understand this custom packaging type. Right now it tries to resolve a JAR
file (which fails)

As I asked before, you might want to share how you invoke Aether to resolve your artifact. With "how" I mean the code snippet detailing the involved APIs and relevant method parameters.

I went down the path of using a custom ArtifactTypeRegistry, but it seems
that is not what is required?

Depends on the use case, in general the ArtifactTypeRegistry supports the artifact descriptor reader to map dependency types to artifact coordinates.

Benjamin