Re: [aether-users] Getting Aether to understand packaging types

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for the help. So if you look at this POM

http://www.integralblue.com/m2/ro/isdc/wro4j/grails-wro4j/1.7.1-SNAPSHOT/

You'll notice that it has a packaging type of 'grails-plugin', whilst the actual artifact is a ZIP file with a .zip extension. With the Maven build tool you can get it to understand this by specifying a custom component:

https://github.com/grails/grails-maven/blob/master/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml#L32

However, I can't work out how to get Aether (outside of Maven) to understand this custom packaging type. Right now it tries to resolve a JAR file (which fails)

I went down the path of using a custom ArtifactTypeRegistry, but it seems that is not what is required?

Thanks again for the help