[viatra-dev] Release planning for this year

Hi all,

based on the discussion of our last meeting, I have prepared a preliminary plan for milestones and releases for this year.

As of now, we are planning two releases:

 * A bugfix release 1.6.1 is planned for the 2nd August. This contains the bug fixes we incorporated since the release 1.6; but does not include any new features. A release record is already created at [1].
 * We also plan a new feature release this year. I have created a preliminary plan by aligning the dates with the first four milestones of the Photon release train - basically, we will have 3 milestones, having six weeks. After the third milestone (1st November), we should aim to stabilize our contributions for a release at 13th December.

Any date mentioned in this email is already added to the corresponding release records and the development calendar as well; however, each date can be changed if necessary. If you have any feedback, please share it as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Zoli

 [1] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.viatra/releases/1.6.1
 [2] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.viatra/releases/1.7.0