[smarthome-dev] Release Planning 0.9.0

All,

Our 0.8.0 release dates back to summer 2016, so it is imho more than time to do a new release which includes all the huge developments that have been done since then.
As tentatively mentioned at the project status update at EclipseCon Europe [1], my suggestion would be to plan a 0.9.0 release for the end of this year. Keeping Christmas in mind that would mean a date some where mid of December.

I have created the 0.9.0 project on Github [2], which we can use to track the tasks that we definitely want/need to include in the release.
To simplify the overall project and release management, I would prefer if we do not create a separate release branch, but keep using the master branch right until we do the release, just the same way as we did in the past. Following this approach means that we need to keep an eye on not breaking any existing functionality, though. Any PR that looks too risky should be marked with an „post-0.9.0“ label [3] and only be merged into master after the release date.

If nobody objects to this plan, I would go ahead and officially request a release review at the Eclipse Foundation for December and we should all strive towards stabilising the code base on master.

Best regards,
Kai

Back to the top