Re: [smarthome-dev] Sample Karaf Distribution

> I would claim that the beauty of Karaf is that you don't NEED a custom distro (or at least, customizing it would show features of Karaf, but would have very little to do with ESH itself).

You are right.
For me I created this simplest custom dist to reproduce bugs (and to
report reproducable bugs).
As it is much simpler then report:
* install a plain Karaf
* add feature repo karaf
* add feature repo karaf-tp
* install feature a, b, c

But no reason to move it to eclipse repo space.

> Possibly also building separate KARs for the different extensions, which would be a great step towards demonstrating how to package extensions for the upcoming IoT market place?

I still don't understand the IoT market place as written in the bug
report. So as long as I don't understand how a product can update the
stuff taken from the MP if it updates its ESH stuff, I cannot think
about how it could be supported in Karaf.

Back to the top