[smarthome-dev] project members

Hello guys,

this mail is addressed to the Eclipse SmartHome team members (PMC + committers).

The time I has been elected to get a Eclipse SmartHome committer I has
been very indecisively if I have the time to suffer all the needs for
a committer.
I read the documentations about the duties of a committer etc.
After some time I said thanks for the trust and accepted the nomination.
I spend a lot of spare time for the project, so I am very frustrated
about situation that persist now for a long time.

Does every committer feel happy with the time and work he spend for the project?

Let's collect an excerpt from "4.7 Committers and Contributors"
(https://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process.php#4_7_Committers_and_Contributors
)
* Committers ... are expected to influence the project's development.
* Active participation in the user communication channels and the
appropriate developer mailing lists is a responsibility of all
committers, and is critical to the success of the project.
* Committers are required to monitor and contribute to the user
communication channels.
* Committers are required to monitor the mailing lists associated with
the project.
* Committers are responsible for proactively reporting problems in the
bug tracking system, and annotating problem reports with status
information, explanations, clarifications, or requests for more
information from the submitter.
* Committers are responsible for updating problem reports when they
have done work related to the problem.

I don't want to blame anybode, I am very frustrated at the moment and
so I will ask about your oppinion.
How do you want to proceed / how should we proceed.

Best regards,
Markus

Back to the top