Re: [science-iwg] DIANNE - a deep learning framework on Java/OSGi

Hi Tim,
DIANNE looks interesting!  In particular, it would be interesting to see about joining forces around the block diagram editor.  Triquetrum has a block diagram editor as well, see https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/triquetrum

What is license for DIANNE?  http://dianne.intec.ugent.be/ does not list a license.

The GitHub repo looks to have the Affero GPL (https://github.com/ibcn-cloudlet/dianne/blob/master/LICENSE).  For the Ptolemy project, we can use AGPL code, but we can't redistributed it.  I'm not sure how AGPL would work with Eclipse projects, but my guess is that we can't redistribute AGPL code, but we can provide hooks for users to download AGPL code and use it with work like Triquetrum.

_Christopher