[science-iwg] DIANNE - a deep learning framework on Java/OSGi

Hi all,

My name is Tim Verbelen, I am researcher at Ghent University and committer of the Eclipse Concierge project. At EclipseCon Europe last week I learned about the Eclipse Science community and within the university I am working on a project that might be worth sharing.

DIANNE is a modular framework designed for easy and dynamic distribution of deep learning models and procedures. It is built on OSGi, and uses native bindings to the CPU/GPU to achieve state of the art performance.

DIANNE features:

- A web-based visual user interface for designing neural networks.

- A service model for neural networks, datasets, training procedures, etc.

- Distributed deployment of neural networks on various platforms such as Raspberry Pi, nVidia Jetson up to GPU servers.

- Support for deep reinforcement learning, with benchmark environments such as the Arcade Learning Environment.

More info at the website: http://dianne.intec.ugent.be/ or our github: https://github.com/ibcn-cloudlet/dianne

Best regards,

Tim

--